Monday, May 27, 2013

Me Monday

Happy Me Monday! 

 
Image admired from YouTube

A few years ago, Kimberly Wilson introduced me to Art Journaling. The YouTube link above will take you to her video! I feel in love with visual journaling and began journaling regularly. 
About a year ago, I became super stressed out and lost the desire to be creative.
Since my mind shift last week, I find myself contemplating pulling out all of my packed away supplies and playing a bit. I'm also currently thinking about on putting together an Art Journal Workshop for the public to come and experience the process for the first time or meet like minded people and have a place to share the images they create. 

My idea for the agenda would be something like this:
Patrons would come into an intimate space lit with yummy smelling candles and full of inviting seating options. (Maybe some floor pillows and/or shabby chic tables and chairs)
They would be invited to help themselves to some hot tea or citrus water 
and perhaps even some mini food options.
The workshop would begin with a welcome greeting and ice breaker to get everyone comfortable with the idea of sharing their work and ideas with the group.
I will share a little bit of the history of art journaling and some common practices.
We would then do a short guided meditation where everyone 
can dedicate their intentions for the process. 
Then everyone will be encouraged to begin playing with their journals 
and engage in open conversation. 

Some things I'm not sure about yet:
Should I provide the supplies, request they bring their own supplies, give the option of either or?
How much should I charge?
Should I pursue an "Art Journal Club" with a membership fee and a monthly meeting schedule?
Should there be a theme or open forum? 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! 
If you're local would you come?
Also, how are you creative? 
Would love to have a place where you could go on the regular to create amongst friends?


Like what you read?
  Say "hi" on:
Instagram @ginavromola
Email me at r3style.ysyw@gmail.com
Add me to your Feedly line up!
 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea!! If I were local I would be there. I kind of like the idea of either or for supplies and a theme for each meeting. When I feel creative I love to practice my opera singing and acting out the character of the song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Contemplating a specific character and how you see them is actually great idea for a theme!

      Delete