Friday, December 6, 2013

Frugalista: Holiday Gift DIYs

 

I recently discovered this magazine, All You, when I was watching a YouTube video by The Krazy Coupon Lady. I picked up the Fall 2013 edition as well as the 'extra" holiday edition (pictured above) and really like what I've seen! One of the freebie sites (sorry, I don't remember which) was offering a deal where you got your first copy free with a 1 year subscription, so I signed up! The "extra" edition has TONS of super inexpensive DIY holiday gift ideas! I'm so excited to try most of them!

If your not keen on the $5.99 price of the "extra" edition, I'll post the ones I'm trying so you can try along too without paying the cash for the instructions!

First up, Flavored Popcorn - Chili Garlic

Prep: 5 min
Yields: 5 2-cup gifts
Cost per gift: about $.65

1 tsp garlic salt
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. chipotle powder (I didn't have this so I used paprika)
10 cups freshly popped popcorn
2 tbs. olive oil
1. Mix garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and chipotle powder in a bowl. 
2. Toss popcorn with oil. Sprinkle spice mix over it; toss again to evenly coat. Transfer to airtight containers for up to 5 days. 
*All You recommends you give a friend a popcorn trio. Use cellophane bags sealed with patterned tape, then place all the bags in a canister.

Like what you read?
  Say "hi" on:
Instagram @ginavromola
Email me at r3style.ysyw@gmail.com
Add me to your Feedly line up!
Shop my stuff on Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment