Friday, August 23, 2013

I'm starting a new job on Monday with the United Way!

I'm so excited to take on this new experience.
It will be my first job outside of the service industry EVER!
I have no idea what to expect, no clue if I'm qualified, and no idea if I can be successful.
So I guess you can say I'm also nervous about it too.
Every job I've ever had I've been able to walk into with the utmost confidence.
I've always had this "I can take on anything" attitude.
While that feeling is still there to some degree, I'm humbled by the fact that working for a nonprofit will mean that my performance directly affects the livelihood of thousands of people.
It's no longer about pleasing a customer who wants an
iced enorme cappuccino (barista's and coffee lovers, you know what I mean),
or who wants to know what time the 3 o'clock parade is (read it carefully if you didn't get it),
or the employee who spends an hour off the commission based sales floor crying that another sales person "stole" a $70 sale (at 6.75% commission that is $4.73).
Pic admired from SoManyStupidCustomers
Now, don't get me wrong... working in the service industry for 12 years taught me so much!
I'm grateful for all of the lessons learned, character building, 
and well for being employed when so many were not.
However, this next chapter in my life is going to be completely different.
It's about making sure that thousands of people who have fallen on hard times have a place to sleep, food to eat, and education to pick themselves up and move past this period of their life.

This will by far be my greatest adventure to date.
Wish me luck!

Like what you read?
  Say "hi" on:
Instagram @ginavromola
Email me at r3style.ysyw@gmail.com
Add me to your Feedly line up!
Shop my stuff on Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment