Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year New You Challenges

-Sahaj Kohli
Image courtesy of Pinterest
Okay, I'm on the ban wagon. I used to think New Year's Resolutions were stupid and refused to make them. Then, I realized that I am overweight, unhealthy, self conscious, and not nearly as productive as I would like to be. So despite the fact that I have an amazing group of friends, the most adorable puppy I could ever hope for, and the best boyfriend in the world, I'm not totally happy. So, here I am with a butt load of goals/resolutions for the year and several resources to help me with them. I’ve come up with four of them because four is my lucky number. Lets get into it.
Think Green Juice: celery, green apple, kale leaves, cucumber, ginger,  spinach leaves, mint leaves, limes, stevia (or raw sugar) salt flakes, cold water, spirulina powder
Image courtesy of Pinterest

Hydration: To figure out how much water I should be drinking I took my weight in pounds, divided it by two, and tacked on the word ounces. So if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be drinking 75 ounces of water a day. To accomplish my goal, I fill up 4 reusable bottles each night so they are ready to drink throughout the day. I have my first cup first thing in the morning warmed with a little lemon juice and a pinchof cayenne pepper.

 




Activity: I used to be really active through recreational stuff and in my work. Then, I got a desk job, moved in with my folks, and became completely inactive. Combine that with less time to prep my own meals and grabbing convenient food on the go and you've got an extra 40 pounds in 3 years. To accomplish my goal, I’m using my Pinterest Recipes, MyFitnessPal, Blogilates, and C25K.

So much truth. Mine would read "I love naps, Apple TV and excessive amounts of coffee!"
Image courtesy of Pinterest
Brain Power: Now that I’m not working, I find there is a lot of time spent on things that don’t challenge my mind the way my work used to. In addition to my body being lazy, my mind was also becoming quite the couch potato. To accomplish my goal, I’m using Elevate, Feedly, challenging myself to read a book each month (this month I'm actually finishing one I've been working on for several months), and working on a personal project to sell in my Etsy shop.
No matter how you feel… Get up. Dress up. Show up. And never give up. _More fantastic quotes on: https://www.facebook.com/SilverLiningOfYourCloud  _Follow my Quote Blog on: http://silverliningofyourcloud.wordpress.com/
Image courtesy of Pinterest
Confidence: All of the above are going to help with this goal, but there is still more I’m pushing myself to accomplish here. Again, since I became a fulltime student, I noticed I don’t ever dress up anymore, and not just because my favorite clothes don’t fit anymore. I rarely do my makeup, wear very few if any accessories, I hardly ever do my hair, and am usually in flip-flops (cute flip-flops, but still). To accomplish this goal, I’ve created an AM and PM routine to help me get my glam on! My AM Routine consists of: Oil Pulling, Dry Brushing, normal shower stuff, hair & make-up, oral care, and practicing commands with Opal (that’s not glamorous, but it helps us bond). My PM Routine consists of: A weekly self-care task (enema, pedicure, manicure, and teeth whitening), make-up removal, neti pot, oral care, and moisturizing my face, legs, and feet.

That’s it ladies and gents! I’m seven days in and I’m super excited about how sore every inch of my body is, now soft my skin is, and how tasty my meals have been!
How about you? Did you make resolutions? How are they going?

No comments:

Post a Comment