Monday, May 13, 2013

Me Monday

 
Image admired on Pinerest
This is SO like my Mom!!!


Happy Me Monday everyone! 

This Mother's Day weekend was a typical one. My Mom spent Saturday with co-workers while my Dad and I went to a bbq with family friends. On Sunday we went to EPCOT at Walt Disney World (our favorite place in the world). It rained a bit but otherwise it was a nice time. Dad and I got Mom a Camile charm bracelet and loaded it up with Disney charms. She loved it! Opal, my min pin got me a collectable Belle doll. I think my Mom may have helped her pick it out! tee hee

Something I realized yesterday thought was that we haven't really ever been a holiday celebrating kinda family. I mean we always go through the motions (mostly for Mom's sake now that I think about it) but as far as Dad and I actually getting excited that any particular day or birthday is coming up or feeling like we need to make plans, uh uh... I think it's because I believe that people should be nice to one another, give to charity, go above and beyond for loved ones, and so on ALL THE TIME! Why wait for a particular day of year? Why does there have to be a "reason" to do something for or spend time with someone?

So in realizing my opinion driven, anti-plan, lackadaisical mentality about holidays, I'm devoting my "Me Monday" to a new outlook. Just because a holiday is the designated day to do something doesn't mean I can't do it all the time. Therefore, I can do whatever it is whenever I want AND on it's special day! The next holiday coming up? My birthday! :-) So, instead of waiting until June 4th roles around I thought I'd give myself a little love today and pamper myself with some amazing products!

First, I'll light my new Coco Butter floating candle from 1 Love Candles
I actually received this is my first dottiebox and LOVE the smell.
Next up I'll do an allover body scrub using a homemade Vanilla Latte scrub! 
I used the recipe in the link but with vanilla instead of peppermint.
I like to sit in the tub with the scrub on for a minute or two to allow the oils to soak in a bit. 
In the mean time, I'll dab on a bit of The All Natural Face lip exfoliate I received in their Beauty Box. I'm uber excited about this because the jar came stored inside of a zipper bag because it's so oily, the jar leaks when on this side!!! I can't wait to put this on my lips! 
Finally, after I've rinsed all the scrubs off, I'll lather my nails with Nail Enhancer from Nail Butter! This stuff is amazing! I'll be honest and say that the smell does not make me swoon with delight. However, after one overnight use I can already begin to tell a difference in my nails!

The holiday after my birthday is Father's Day. So, I'm going to get cracking on helping Mom make this day a special family day for Dad too!

How about you? 
How did you spend Mother's Day?
What will you do on Me Monday?
Any great Father's Day ideas to share?

Like what you read?
  Say "hi" on:

Instagram @ginavromola
Email me at r3style.ysyw@gmail.com
Add me to your Feedly line up!

No comments:

Post a Comment